Job Description: Designer
About the Agency. Pivot Marketing is a leading brand strategy firm. We work with civic, cultural, and consumer brands to help them achieve their goals.
About the Team. The Pivot team is high energy and highly collaborative. We’re driven by an internal need to produce great work and believe that when one of us succeeds, we all succeed.
About the Position. This entry-level position reports to Art Directors and the Creative Director, works closely with the creative team, and collaborates with brand managers and the strategic team to help create, refine, and apply compelling visual brands and campaigns for Pivot and our clients. Candidates must have a two- or four-year degree in Graphic Design. Professional agency experience (such as an internship) is a plus, but is not required.
Autonomy. Ability to operate independently on assigned work and call for check-ins when necessary.
Collaboration. Work as part of team to complete assigned work on time.
Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Craft. Attention to detail and consistency.
Creativity. Ability to think creatively to develop new ideas.
Diplomacy. Ability to receive and provide constructive criticism.
Drive. Innate motivation to create great work.
Flexibility. Ability to multi-task and shift gears quickly across multiple accounts and project types.
Proficiency. Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign platforms.
- Conduct visual research for projects, both internally and for client kick-offs.
- Deliver world-class design work, including identity, digital, collateral, and campaign design.
- Assist Art Directors on projects as needed.
- Constantly push yourself to create new and better work.
- Participate in internal creative reviews.
- Collaborate with writing staff to create strong, cohesive, and consistent deliverables.
- Collaborate with creative and strategic teams to develop concepts based on client needs.
- Pro-actively seek out ways to help the team when not working on assigned client work.
- Help identify new creative talent and creative partners for Pivot.
- Review final drafts from other members of the creative team for accuracy and consistency.
- Work with Art Directors to prepare files for production.
- Work with Art Directors and Brand Managers to deliver work on time or ahead of schedule.
- When unsure, always ask. We’re here to help.
- Stay current on trends and technology and continue to expand skill set.
If this sounds like you, please submit a résumé and work samples below: