Job Description: Designer
The designer contributes to Pivot’s mission of responsible marketing — attracting, leading, and collaborating with clients who are pushing boundaries. The designer, like everyone on the team, must be creative, driven, diligent, resourceful, and forthright. On a daily basis, they will design for multiple clients, partners, and internal team members with positivity and enthusiasm under pressure. An understanding of the creative process is required, and the designer should strive to be present, interested, and valuable in every interaction. Responsibilities include working closely with the creative team, account managers, PR specialists, and the strategic team to help create, refine, and apply compelling visual brands and campaigns for Pivot and our clients.
The designer has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Conduct visual research for projects, and participate in internal creative reviews.
- Collaborate with creative and strategic teams to develop concepts based on client needs.
- Collaborate with writing staff to create strong, cohesive, and consistent deliverables.
- Work with Art Directors to prepare files for production and Account Managers to deliver work on time or ahead of schedule.
- Deliver world-class design work, including identity, digital, collateral, and campaign design.
- Constantly push yourself to create new and better work, seeking out new ideas, technologies, emerging trends, and other signs of change.
- Handle tough situations, disputes, change orders, mistakes with grace and compassion.
- Become indispensable and extraordinary in the eyes of your clients and colleagues
The designer should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of design experience preferred (but a strong portfolio is what we’re really after)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign platforms
- Commitment to personal and business growth
- Ability to think creatively, develop new ideas, receive/provide constructive criticism
- Ability to operate independently on assigned work, and as a part of a team when needed
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to multi-task and shift gears quickly across multiple accounts and projects
- Intense curiosity and personal practice of exploring cultures, places, behaviors, etc.
- Desire to change, adapt, learn, and grow
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per week when needed
- A willingness to travel when needed
Pivot Marketing is dedicated to working with clients who are pushing boundaries, expanding their reach, and treating people (customers, donors, subscribers) with respect. A creative consulting firm, Pivot specializes in branding, consumer insights, media coverage, and campaigns. The agency is committed to creating a culture of support for all team members, clients, and partners.
Pivot will provide the following compensation:
- Salary: $40,000 – $60,000 (based on experience)
- Medical benefits including vision and dental
- Eligibility for 401(k) with matching after six (6) months of continuous employment
- Paid holidays and personal leave
Pivot Marketing, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.